PDA

View Full Version : Backup problem....

mickaeL_renauD
2009-02-03, 10:36 PM
I have a central file which is placed on the server and then my local is save localy. Inside my local folder i dont get back up with .001,.002,.003 etc...i only get backup folders with what seems to be useless files...

I have worked on other things where my file backs up actual files but its not like it in this case..

i check the options under save as also Settings>Options both are correct and have more then plenty of backups...why cant i get a backup rvt file off my local file??????

help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Andre Carvalho
2009-02-03, 11:01 PM
In projects with worksets, the backup system works differently. The "useless" files you mentioned are actually the backup. To access the backup, go to File menu and you will find the option there. Note that when selecting the backup, you just have to select the folder. Sometimes people get scared when they try to recover their files by using backups and when accessing the option under the File menu, the folder shows empty. Just point to the folder and hit OK

Andre Carvalho

mickaeL_renauD
2009-02-03, 11:09 PM
ok i see...never really had to use a backup i guess...thanks alot!!

lonewolfjustin
2009-02-18, 07:59 PM
In projects with worksets, the backup system works differently. The "useless" files you mentioned are actually the backup. To access the backup, go to File menu and you will find the option there. Note that when selecting the backup, you just have to select the folder. Sometimes people get scared when they try to recover their files by using backups and when accessing the option under the File menu, the folder shows empty. Just point to the folder and hit OK

Andre Carvalho

Thanks for the input, I was seeing the empty folder and thinking...is it even backing up. Thanks for the help!