PDA

View Full Version : Join Roof

Bryan Thatcher
2009-02-04, 03:44 PM
I'm having problems getting this roof to join. What are some things I can try to fix or work around that? Thanks.

patricks
2009-02-04, 05:05 PM
Are you trying to extend the end of that roof to the wall that's highlighted orange?

From the looks of it, the roof is higher than the selected wall, which explains why it won't join.

What is the end result you're looking for?

*edit Looking at it again, it looks like the highlighted roof and the green roof are in-line on the far side, and you're trying to extend the smaller roof to the wall under the main roof's eave. Is that correct?

If the Extend Roof tool doesn't work, then you can just edit the roof sketch so it extends over to the wall, and then join the 2 roofs using Join Geometry.

cliff collins
2009-02-04, 05:11 PM
Try a couple of things:

1. Make the overall larger roof contain the smaller piece at the rear by editing
the sketch in plan. (Delete the smaller roof).

2. Then, create the smaller lower roof in the foreground as a separate shed roof
by using a slope arrow in plan, or make a simple extruded roof in elevation view.

Does this help?

cheers.................

patricks
2009-02-04, 05:16 PM
Another idea: if you build it as all one roof, as Cliff suggested, you should then be able to extend the edge of the roof back up to the wall underneath the main roof. I just tried it and it works.