PDA

View Full Version : Family and schedule dimensions

mmiles
2009-02-05, 04:05 PM
My window famiy has a height which is defined as 4'-9 1/4". Yet, when I create my schedule the number reported is 1/8" smaller than what the family says. WHY? Or, how can I get the two to match?

thanks.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-05, 04:32 PM
1. Is the Height parameter in the schedule and the one in the window the same one? (Sometimes people make new parameters but forget the other ones are there... Id just make sure the window doesnt have two height parameters...)

2. Are the project units set to 1/4" and the schudles units set to 1/8", or something similar?

3. Post the family?

mmiles
2009-02-05, 05:41 PM
I do not know where to set schedule units. I assumed it used project units.

From what I can tell the parameters are selected from the list provided for windows when schedule filelds were set up, and I assumed the family makes use of the non-editable height parameter. I will check that. Maybe my units in the family are different than those in the project?

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-05, 06:11 PM
Can you post the window family?

EDIT:

Also, while in the schedule, right click > View properties. Under the FORMATTING button, select the Height field, and click the FIELD FORMAT button. It will show you what its set to round to there, to verify that the schedule isnt the problem.

mmiles
2009-02-06, 06:03 PM
thanks. I found the formatting in the fields....
It would appear that my "project" settings are rounding to the 1/4" - whereas the particular window family i was referring to had dimensions set the the nearest 1/8". the problem now is when i set the schedule to round to 1/8" it changes other dims that I was not even aware of....ugh.

thanks again, I think I've got it.