PDA

View Full Version : Elevation View Issue

mbartusiewicz
2009-02-05, 05:07 PM
I have an Issue with elevations not displaying correctly in ReVit.

The walls can easly be seen in a 3D view but not all of them display in elevation views.

I tried unhiding hidden geometry, chaning display styles etc. When I switch to wireframe its like some of them are not even there, but I can see / modify/select them in both 3D view and Floor Plan view.

I'm running out of ideas on what else to check, I'd appreciate any input.

I attached what the building looks like in 3D view and what it looks like in Elevation view.

Thanks in advance for help.

gwnelson
2009-02-05, 05:11 PM
Go to your Site plan view & see where the elevation view markers are - highlight the triangles to see the blue lines that indicate where the view is taking place. You're probably cropping due to position of view placement. When you see where the blue lines are, simply drag them back/forward to get complete view.

mbartusiewicz
2009-02-05, 05:37 PM
Actually following your technique I just recreated my Elevation views and adjusted clipping and everything worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for the help.

mlgatzke
2009-02-05, 05:51 PM
If everything worked correctly after rebuilding your elevation views, there could have been a couple of problems. 1. gwnelson could have been correct in assuming that your "picture plane" was located within the boundary of your building, thus giving you the view of a Building Section. 2. If you have rotated Project North in your project, there is a known issue with elevations and annotation and views dependent on those elevations. The only solution for which is to rebuild the elevations. You could have been experiencing either of those two, or both. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.