PDA

View Full Version : Unable to remove Slab-Edge

nsinha73
2009-02-05, 06:35 PM
I have placed a slab-edge....but now I wanna remove it....No matter what I do...I am unable to find the edge nor even click the edge to remove it....Its a big Building...so Deleting the entire slab edge is totally out of question here....
Help is much appreciated thanks!!

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-05, 07:13 PM
I find putting the view in Wireframe helps, when im zoomed in pretty close. Then i can see bit the bottom and top edge of the floor to select the right one for removing the slab edge...

lost again again
2012-07-25, 10:34 PM
I wasted a half hour on the same problem today. I ended up deleting the whole slab edge because Revit REFUSES to allow selecting any slab edges in this case. It shouldn't have to take a half hour to decide the program doesn't work this time, but since I'm a NOOB I got roped into it again. Good luck to the next person this happens to. Big thumbs down, Revit.

damon.sidel
2012-07-26, 01:50 PM
Just a thought, and maybe you already tried this: did you change the visibility settings to show just floors? Then if that still doesn't work, you can select all the floors that you DON'T want to see and temporarily hide them until all you see is the floor you want. A little tedious, but should just take a minute to hide all but what you want. Or a second way... just create a section temporarily through where the slab-edge lives. That should make it a lot easier to grab it.

lost again again
2012-07-26, 05:35 PM
Damon: Thanks for the tip. I did isolate the slab and slab edge and set the visual style to wireframe, all to no avail. The program's inconsistent behavior (this example and so many more on a daily basis) is frustrating this NOOB.

theoryshaw
2013-01-21, 05:06 PM
I've got the same problem. wonk wonk.

patricks
2013-01-22, 08:36 PM
Maybe try disjoining the slab edge from the floor slab. That should show you the edge of the floor hosting the slab edge (assuming both are the same material and they were automatically joined when first created). Then you should be able to select the edge you want to remove the slab edge from. After all that, join the edge and the floor back together again.

lost again again
2013-02-06, 07:02 PM
Maybe try disjoining the slab edge from the floor slab. That should show you the edge of the floor hosting the slab edge (assuming both are the same material and they were automatically joined when first created). Then you should be able to select the edge you want to remove the slab edge from. After all that, join the edge and the floor back together again.
I think this resolves the issue. Thanks for the tip!

bipixo3636805421
2023-06-23, 12:11 PM
The best way to fix this issue is by following these steps:

-Go to the "Edit Floor" mode in Revit.
-Locate the edge of the floor that you want to remove the slab edge from.
-Delete that particular edge
-After deleting the edge, redraw in same place.
-Save the floor edits.
-Revit will recognize the redrawn edge as a new line, and as a result, the slab edge will be removed from that section of the floor.