PDA

View Full Version : [2009] - Duct-O-Wheel (OPEN)

ben.136902
2009-02-05, 07:36 PM
I would like in Revit 2010 for their to be a drop down duct o wheel button. Just the old school dial that we can use on the screen instead of the sizing tool.

The sizing tool does not work - i worked with systems since the early betas and the system is no more stable now than it was then.

Maybe on strong straight duct runs but nothing even remotely complex....i will draw the duct and size it with the duct o wheel much faster than dealing with constant saving and praying for no crashes from trying to use basic sizing.

Duct o Wheel should be an easy instrument to add - It just rotates and shows information printed on the back. Should be a pretty stable feature to implement - Cant imagine it will crash------to often.

schrodingerscat
2009-02-05, 10:01 PM
I would like in Revit 2010 for their to be a drop down duct o wheel button. Just the old school dial that we can use on the screen instead of the sizing tool.

The sizing tool does not work - i worked with systems since the early betas and the system is no more stable now than it was then.

Maybe on strong straight duct runs but nothing even remotely complex....i will draw the duct and size it with the duct o wheel much faster than dealing with constant saving and praying for no crashes from trying to use basic sizing.

Duct o Wheel should be an easy instrument to add - It just rotates and shows information printed on the back. Should be a pretty stable feature to implement - Cant imagine it will crash------to often.

I was going to write this as an add-on..... but now I don't have time. Any other takers? Write it up in DotNet and then modify it to become a Revit Add-on eeeeeeasy!

Michael.c
2009-02-09, 10:55 PM

Yes, fair enough, it's probably a good idea, and would I'm sure prove to be a useful tool, but I believe there are other areas of development which require more urgent attention. We can all size ductwork, so all this will do is make it a bit quicker perhaps. However there seem to be plenty of things that simply cannot be done (for example, flat-oval ductwork, manipulation and customisation of duct fittings, transformation pieces etc). I believe it would be more productive to concentrate on those items first?? Afterall, what's the point in halving the time it takes to size a piece of flat-oval duct if it's impossible to draw it in the first placeā€¦..?

Liamnacuac
2009-02-10, 06:08 PM
Michael is right, I'd like toi see some other issures delt with above this, although I'd love to have an online "duct-o-later". I haven't checked to see if there is an online version already, i'm sure there is...
If there in deed is, then better autodesk don't expend the resources...

neuok
2009-05-18, 09:47 PM
Look on Loren Cook website they have a pretty nice duct size program called Cook duct designer.

Liamnacuac
2009-05-26, 03:29 PM
Hmm,,,
I went to the website and all I saw was how you can request the fan law calculator& duct designer wheel. I've got one of those..
BTW, it is a little more conservative than the Trane Ductilator.