PDA

View Full Version : How to define a UPS device

robert.manna
2009-02-06, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

I've been thrown into a hot pan. Our elec engineers are in desperate need of content to finish a job, and I've been asked to build a UPS for emergency lighting. I'm not clear on what category it wants to be in, Lighting Devices or Electrical Equipment, and in either case what part type to select.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Robert

mwiggins121466
2009-02-06, 04:21 PM
We use a parametric generic piece of (elec) equipment and tag it.

robert.manna
2009-02-06, 04:23 PM
Do you not circuit the UPS into your system?

-R

mwiggins121466
2009-02-06, 06:23 PM
No we do not circuit it. It will not affect the load on the panel. We are more interested in the actual load on the LP. We took the approach of only circuiting branch circuits. The UPS will be on the one line which will convey the design intent.

robert.manna
2009-02-06, 08:16 PM
thanks for your assistance!

-R

csutton2181
2009-02-12, 01:02 AM
How did you model your UPS? Did you just make it like a peice of switchgear with an input connection and output?

Has anyone found a UPS already made by a manufacture?

robert.manna
2009-02-12, 01:07 AM
How did you model your UPS? Did you just make it like a peice of switchgear with an input connection and output?

Are you asking me, or mwiggins? I haven't gone any further then I started this thread. They changed the equipment type and have not sent me a new cut sheet. If I were to do it as a piece of swtichgear, what would the appropriate settings be? "Circuit Breaker"? Can anyone speak to the advantages of actually circuiting the equipment, versus mwiggins' approach of not circuiting it?

Thanks,
-R

csutton2181
2009-02-12, 01:44 AM
I found out they had a templete already made in MEP 2009, but when you pull up the panel sschedule it shows it like a panel board, kind of funny looking.

Anyone have any ideas on how you would make a PDU? I know all that is really a transformer and a distribution panel. Would you just put several more electrical connections on a transformer? Since I do not think you create a transformer from scratch. Any ideas?

robert.manna
2009-02-12, 01:36 PM
I found out they had a templete already made in MEP 2009,

What do you mean by this statement? Which template are you referring to?

Thanks,
-R

csutton2181
2009-02-12, 06:39 PM
If you try and load an new piece of equipment and to the path below, you will find something already created.

\Imperial Library\Electrical Components\Electrical Equipment\Others\Uninterruptible Power Supply.rfa

RevitNinja
2009-02-17, 01:54 PM

We recently contacted GE and Siemens. Neither of them plan on releasing any Revit content for at least another year.