PDA

View Full Version : SECTIONS NOT SHOWING ON ROOF PLAN

jwilhelm
2004-10-15, 09:20 PM
Here is a wierd one, can anyone tell me why some section cuts are not showing up on my roof plan but others are? they have not been selectivly turned off in the view.

Paul Monsef
2004-10-15, 09:49 PM
Sections set up as Architectural will not show up on plans deemed Structural... or vise-versa.

You can change the section to "coordination" > and it will show up on both types.

christo4robin
2004-10-16, 12:10 AM
I'm guessing Paul answered your question, but in case that didn't do it, phasing also affects section display. A section set to Existing will not show up in a plan set to New Construction, for instance.

hand471037
2004-10-16, 12:30 AM
Finally, the third possible reason: Sections can hide themselves automatically at certain scales. In the section's view properties you'll notice a 'Hide at Scales Coarser Than' setting. The default is 1/16" I think, so if/when you made your roof plan, you might have set the scale coarser than that threshold. This is so that you can have overall building sections, and detail sections, and not have the detail ones show on a floor plan...

Now if only Elevations worked the same way! ;)

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-10-16, 02:01 AM
Really finally, a fourth possibility. If the crop region on the section view is stopped below the cut plane of the roof plan (or any plan view) the section mark won't show up.

bclarch
2004-10-18, 02:56 PM
Good tips. Sounds like the four possible solutions should be combined into one tips & tricks post. As for me, I'm printing this one out now.

hand471037
2004-10-18, 04:51 PM
Really finally, a fourth possibility. If the crop region on the section view is stopped below the cut plane of the roof plan (or any plan view) the section mark won't show up.

Whoops, forgot about that one. ;) ha-ha. finally indeed. :D