PDA

View Full Version : Detail Components in Model Families Strangeness

hand471037
2004-10-15, 11:43 PM
OK, so here's a weird one and I don't know what's happening. I must be missing something. I'm trying to make a nicer looking tree family. I made a plan stamp tree outline using lines & filled regions within a Detail Component, and then loaded & placed that in an Accurender Tree Family. It looks good when in family, but when brought into a project, the Detail Component part scales up to a rediculously huge size! And it's not scale-based, for it's that same oversized thing no matter what the scale. And if I just insert the Detail Component family directly into the project, it comes in with the proper size....

I have no idea what's going on. Can anyone shead some light on things?

SkiSouth
2004-10-16, 02:39 AM
don't have a clue but a guess. Was your detail component set to a scale factor different than 1:1? If so, would that scale factor be interpreted however non intentionally by revit when its kicked into the project via a family? (kinda like a drafting hatch vs a model hatch)

ajayholland
2004-10-17, 03:52 PM
Jeffery,

I had the same experience, even to the extent that I saved (exported) the nested detail component from the tree family, then modifired it. When I reinserted the modified DC into the family, it displayed correctly. Upon placing that family in a project, however, the object scaled up dramatically.

Waiting to hear from the gurus on this one.

~AJH