PDA

View Full Version : demo lines over new objects

ariasdelcid
2009-02-07, 11:13 PM
Hi Everyone: Is there a fix for Demo objects/lines being on top of the New Objects?
I researchead some OLD threads but was not able to find a solution.
Thanks in advance.

Mike Sealander
2009-02-08, 05:12 PM
What are you trying to do? Hide the demo lines, or something more subtle?

ariasdelcid
2009-02-09, 02:15 AM
What are you trying to do? Hide the demo lines, or something more subtle?

Hi Mike: What I am trying to do is to show the NEW objects (in this case the Tub and the New Wall) to show under the demo lines. In other words, to make the demo lines (or the demo walls) transparent. There were some older threads that talked about this but I am not sure if there is a fix now or not.
Thank you for you reply,
AADC

Mike Sealander
2009-02-09, 12:55 PM
Armando:
The problem is with your cut plane. Your demolished walls are being cut by the cut plane, therefore showing cut. The tub is below the cut plane, so Revit sees the demo wall hiding the tub.

patricks
2009-02-09, 05:13 PM
If you need both demo and new to show in the same view you attached above, you might try just overriding the visibility of those demo elements in that view only to be transparent. Select the demo walls, right-click to Override In View > Element, and then click the Transparent check box.

saeborne
2009-02-09, 06:11 PM
Could you not do this with a phase filter? Make demo walls transparent?

ariasdelcid
2009-02-09, 07:29 PM
If you need both demo and new to show in the same view you attached above, you might try just overriding the visibility of those demo elements in that view only to be transparent. Select the demo walls, right-click to Override In View > Element, and then click the Transparent check box.

This would work to show both Demo and New. Yes, thank you Patrick.

ariasdelcid
2009-02-09, 07:35 PM
Could you not do this with a phase filter? Make demo walls transparent?

The Demo lines are still on top of the new objects. Doesn't work for me.
Thank you for your reply.