PDA

View Full Version : Family Parameter Housekeeping

Scott Hopkins
2003-08-22, 05:22 PM
I have two housekeeping issues regarding family parameters that really need to be addressed:

1) There is no way to organize the parameters list. As it stands now, the family parameters list ends up a jumbled mess without any hierarchy. All that is needed is a simple mechanism within the family editor that would allow parameters to be moved up and down so that the important parameters could be placed at the top of the list.

2) I often need to make dimension parameters to work as variables within other formula parameters. These dimension parameters however are not really meant to be edited by the end user of the family. If you have several of these types of parameters it creates a lot of visual clutter and can be very confusing to the end user. There needs to be a way to “grey out” or better yet, hide a parameter from the end user.

jbalding48677
2003-08-22, 05:44 PM
Excellent requests.

Add the lockable parameter too.

gnl
2003-08-25, 07:35 AM
I had written down exactly the same wishes some time ago on my laptop after creating a set of families...
I also would like to be able to "group" parameters in the families, and also I would like the possibility to subgroup the shared parameters in more levels rather than just one like it is now.

gnl

Martin P
2003-08-26, 12:34 PM
Point 2 has bugged me for ages, if you have a lot of formulas it is a nightmare! especially with point 1. Hope this is fixed in 6.0...

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-04, 08:32 AM
great request
I would like to add; being able to delete 'standard' parameters [or them simply not showing in a project if they have no value?]
And being able to add a parameter like -from/to- which is now only available in door-families [I'd love to use it for stuff like windows, any sort of installation piping.. maybe even between rooms on different levels for stairs and ducts or something]

ita
2004-06-15, 01:45 AM
To have the family parameters moveable and lockable would be great and would solve many of the family issues that make Family making so difficult. I wish (pun intended) to add a few other related wishes:
1. when a Parameter name is changed, it changes automatically in any of the existing formula.
2. to be able to copy and paste a Parameter name directly into the formula
3. related to the previous threads - a sort capability similar to the sort dialog that was included in the Schedule/Quantities V6.0 - with the lock option if required.

jagostinho
2014-02-20, 12:08 PM
Come on, autodesk.
Why not just adding a Move Up / Down button on Family Parameters window so that we can move them within their category?

Is it THAT hard?