PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Grids

benmay
2009-02-09, 01:26 AM
I am using curtain walls on a small project for the first time, and on this project I don’t have worksets (which is how I would usually turn off my curtain walls.

Is there anyway to turn off the Curtain Wall Grids? You can turn off everything else except the grids, and if I turn off walls altogether they disappear, I have even tried a filter which looks for the curtain wall system family which doesn’t work either

I am thinking this is something that can’t be done?

Norton_cad
2009-02-09, 01:51 AM
Select the linework tool, change the type to <Invisible Lines>, and select the curtain grid you want to hide.

benmay
2009-02-09, 03:45 AM
The grids are already invisible, But when I move my cursor over the area to select something else they are selectable

I dont want them there at all

Norton_cad
2009-02-09, 03:58 AM
View range perhaps?

benmay
2009-02-09, 04:16 AM
No, the curtainwall is within the view range, I have turned off the curtain wall through model elements, but the grids are still selectable but are invisible. This is very frustrating because if you want to select an element you have to tab through the selections everytime to make sure you dont select the invisible curtain grid
The only way that I know to turn them off is to turn all walls, or to have them on a workset and turn off that way (but I dont have worksets on this project)

I was hoping someone else had a solution to this

STHRevit
2009-02-09, 05:42 AM
If you select the curtain wall and "hide in view" the grids will not be selectable.

benmay
2009-02-09, 06:02 AM
Great, That seems to work. You just need to select the wall outline (which is already invisible) and hiden in view by element. The grids are then not selectable

Luckily each elevation only has a few curtain walls. I still think the grids should be able to be turned off through visibility overides