PDA

View Full Version : Top plane

gaelbillot
2009-02-10, 06:52 AM
i realize that no matter how high i set my top plane above the cut plane....things will always display the same...even that dome mmhhhh...what s the use so...

Scott Womack
2009-02-10, 11:40 AM
Setting the Top plane in a plan view will allow the cut plane to be set higher. You cannot set the cut plane above the top plane, that is what it is for.

iandidesign
2009-02-10, 05:40 PM
The missing link here is graphic overrides for objects that are above or below the cut plane but still within the view range.

stellarblue153
2009-02-10, 09:02 PM
I don't have it figured out yet, but the top plane does affect visibility in certain instances. For example, if you set your View to "Electrical" instead of "Architectural" it will show you only the lighting and electrical fixtures in the view range (from Top to Bottom). If a Light in the ceiling is higher than the Top plane, it will not show up. However, on a regular floor plan, I don't see much effect with changing it unless it is set to "Unlimited" then sometimes you run into display issues with the view.

gaelbillot
2009-02-11, 03:15 AM
thats the thing Ian...windows below the cut plane and above the bottom dont display....and yet they are within the view range

dbaldacchino
2009-02-11, 05:57 AM
There's a nice little feature on the forums called "Search" ;) It's very powerful.

Here are some answers to your question:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=94844