PDA

View Full Version : Footing view problem

mholzer
2009-02-10, 04:39 PM
The view depth on my basement plan is set to -0'-8" below basement floor. The top of my wall footings are offset -1'-0" below basement floor. I opened revit this morning and random wall footings are showing up in the basement plan even though they are not within the view range. Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Matt

stellarblue153
2009-02-10, 05:33 PM
A couple thoughts:

First, check your 3D and make sure nothing shifted heights when working yesterday. Sometimes you change a level that you don't think anything is attached to and, oops!

Second, make sure there are no Plan Regions in the view that might be affecting it.

Third, check to see if you may have used the Join Geometry tool on the footings that are showing since they may now be joined to a wall that is in the view range (not sure if this would happen, just a guess).

If everything was showing up fine yesterday, than something may have changed in your model to make it look the way it does today. Retrace your steps and you might find the answer.

mholzer
2009-02-11, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Philip. Unfortunately I have been unable to resolve the problem. For now I will turn off foundations on my basement plan through visibility graphics. I would still like to figure out why the footings are showing up when they are not in the view range of the basement floor.

Carlos GT
2009-02-11, 03:18 PM
Post the file.

mholzer
2009-02-13, 02:21 PM
I went to depth clipping in the view properties and applied a "clip without line". This solved the problem! Thanks to m20roxxers.