PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP SP2 and Inventor

Ron Oldenbeuving
2004-10-18, 03:19 AM
To all, I received the following in an email from my reseller, and thought it prudent to post it for the benefit of anybody who may not have received this. Does anybody know of any resolution to this yet? Regards. Ron

To All Users,

I have just received an email from Autodesk regarding an issue that Microsoft are responsible for in regards to Windows XP Service Pack 2. Here is the feedback from Autodesk , Please let all your users know about it.

Support for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

At present none of the following applications are supported for installing on systems running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: 1. AutoCAD Mechanical 2. AutoCAD Electrical 3. Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 4. Autodesk Inventor 5. Autodesk Inventor Professional 6. Autodesk Vault

The Autodesk development team are working together with Microsoft to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We will announce separately in the near future when XP SP2 is a supported platform.

Please be aware that this is a Microsoft problem and not an Autodesk problem.

robertb.65723
2004-10-20, 08:07 PM
Just a note. Im using AutoCAD 2005 & Inventor 9 Series and running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and currently have no problems.

Ron Oldenbeuving
2004-10-21, 12:05 AM
No problems Rob. Glad to see its working for somebody. I only posted it for the sake of warning people. I received an update as below.

Hi Ron,

Currently Autodesk are testing this service pack with all autodesk products. Only AutoCAD and Verticals have been certified. Inventor is still in testing. I will send an email to all once Inventor has been certified with XP SP2

BigBopper
2004-12-07, 08:50 PM
XP Pro SP2, Inventor 9 Series.
I can't even open a part...

OO7TDD79996
2004-12-19, 09:47 PM
I'm running Inventor 9 under SP2 and am having no issues.

Have you updated inventor with its latest service pack, SP1?

If you have installed Inventor before upgrading to SP2 have you tried reinstalling Inventor?

n_nottebaere
2004-12-30, 09:30 PM
Still using Mechanical desktop and Inventor series 9 with my old 2000 Pro. NO risk !
For users of Inventor with big assemblies, Windows XP only allows 2Gb swap files, 2000 Pro version allows 3Gb... ! That's why we staied to this version... waiting for some windows improvements...