PDA

View Full Version : Split Section - Callout Issues

jrostar
2009-02-11, 03:40 PM
I seem to be having problems similar to some older posts and I was hoping someone might have a solution or work around...

I have a wall section that I am using as a typical type of detail. I am trying to do a callout on the head and sill of the window, referring to drafting views. If I take a straight section, I can make the callouts without a problem. If I split the section to follow the glass line in the wall so the window appears correctly, the callouts disappear and I if I create a new callout, it is not visible (standard "Item not visible, check settings blah blah blah" message). It makes sense that the callout would disappear because when the section cut 'moves' the callout stays in it's '3d' spot.

Any workarounds or solutions to this??

LRaiz
2009-02-11, 03:52 PM
Try pooling parts of split section further apart and minimize the size of removed region. Does it make your callout reappear? If yes then go back and gradually increase the size of removed region and readjust callout position as necessary.

jrostar
2009-02-11, 04:08 PM
Not sure what you mean by 'pooling parts of the split section further apart'. The split section 'jog' is very minimal (4-5") just enough to keep it on the inside pane of an angled, narrow curtainwall.

I was hoping that maybe I could find a fix with the callout view's crop depth, but that didn't seem to solve the problem either. On top of that, if I put a callout on the top and bottom of the view and only split the bottom half of the section, both callouts still disappear... Also, if I drag the split section back together, the callouts reapper

LRaiz
2009-02-11, 05:02 PM
Never mind. I misunderstood the question. Instead of thinking about a section with a jogged cut I though you were asking about wall sections that due to their overall height need to be shown w/o their middle portion.