PDA

View Full Version : duplicating sheets

leon.r
2004-10-18, 12:26 PM
i have set up the floor plans so that i have 1:500 and 1:250 scale drawings, its the same drawings but i need it at different scale's, now i need to place the 1:250 drawing onto title sheets, but it has to be duplicated 3 times, because i am showing detail that is not seen on the 1:500 drawing. Revit has told me that i cannot drag the same drawing onto another title sheet, and that if i want to do this i need to duplicate the original drawing. i can do this but is there no other easier way, for i will end up with 3 plans for 1 floor and with this the 1:500 drawing, so i will end up with a few hundred drawings....its a 35 story building

sbrown
2004-10-18, 01:28 PM
You need to right click on the view and choose duplicate with detailing, then under view properties change the scale to the desired scale. One view cannot be multiple scales. Its really not that bad you can sort your views by scale if you want to clean up the project browser or as you place them on sheets you can chose to not show them in the browser anymore, just under the sheet they are on.

DaveP
2004-10-18, 02:47 PM
The thing that killed us with this process was Room Tags.
It's wonderful that the Tags can be different on all views and can be moved around, but the problem we had was when a wall moved, we'd have to spend a lot of time hunting down which Tags were no longer in the room. We've got a building split into three Zones, with Floor Plan, RCP, Finish Plan, FF&E Plan, Dimension Plan, and Reference Plan for the engineer's background. So it's possible that a Room Tag could be on 18 different sheets.

One helpful tool I found was: if you set up a Room schedule, you can find the rooms that have errors (Ambiguous, or Not Enclosed), then do an Explain Error. On that dialog box, there is (depending on the error) a button that says "Reconcile Tags". That button moves all of the related tags to the same location on every sheet.

aaronrumple
2004-10-18, 02:55 PM
If you go to a room schedule, you'll find a tool that says "Explain Error" when room tags are in the wrong spaces. This will then allow you to pick the right room and have all related tags moved to the correct space.

mark_a
2004-10-19, 06:47 AM
If you duplicate with detailing, any callout views within that view will also be duplicated.

mark_a

beegee
2004-10-19, 07:52 AM
If you duplicate with detailing, any callout views within that view will also be duplicated.

mark_a
Only "Floor Plan " type Callout Views will be duplicated, not " Detail View " type Callout Views.