PDA

View Full Version : Stair issue

d_lee.162829
2009-02-11, 07:09 PM
I know that a lot of people have issues with stairs, but I haven't come across this one. Please take a look at the jpeg. At any rate, the stairs are all the same riser height and run length, but the heights between the levels are all different. Sometimes the stair is a typical switch back, but on the upper floors, the stairs also have risers in between the switch back.

First I want to know if I should make the stairs individual from floor to floor since that's what I did initially or try and create a multi-story one. If I create the stairs from level to level, I have to create a floor inside the stair tower instead of it being created by the stair program. Any help is appreciated

I have another question about railings, but I'll try and fix this first. Thanks.

Dean

iankids
2009-02-11, 09:12 PM
Hi d_lee.162829,

Given the heights between the levels are all different, and you are adding some risers to suit, I would have thought that one would need to model each stair separately.

Although I could be wrong, my understanding is that the principal use of the multi-level stairs is to create the "same" stair many times over.

Cheers,

Ian

d_lee.162829
2009-02-11, 09:19 PM
That's what I thought also, but wasn't sure . . . what a pain in the arse, lol.

priitl22047477
2009-02-12, 08:46 AM
Multi-level stair is for same level heights. Cause it uses rules of first level for levels above. If your levels are of different height - then the same rules do not apply (thread height).

So if you have different heights between level you must use individual stairs.

Usually the ground floor is higher - i use one stair. And the next level and all above it are then same - there i use multi-level stair.

From revit help: The levels in the multi-story building should be a uniform distance apart. For example, each level should be 4 meters apart.