PDA

View Full Version : Stair Display Issue?

Tyveka
2009-02-11, 07:41 PM
Can anyone tell me what is up with this stair? Why is the railing display reversed at the cut?
We have rebuilt the rail several times over.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

mickaeL_renauD
2009-02-11, 08:06 PM
weird...maybe try doing the same stairs in a defferent revit template...

stellarblue153
2009-02-11, 08:26 PM
Does the 3D of the stair look correct? If so, you might try recreating the stair from scratch and seeing if you get the same result.

iankids
2009-02-11, 09:00 PM
Hi tyveka010,

This is certainly a weird one.

For an equally weird possibility, railings if separated from the stair will attach to the floor, is it somehow possible that they have attached to the floor above and projecting down, or is there something within the railing property which sets it above the cut plane?

Other than that, I guess it is the old - close the program down - switch off the computer - go away and have two glasses of wine - come back switch it all back on and maybe it has all disappeared!? (Even if it hasn't, you will feel much less stressed about it!?!)

Cheers,

Ian

Tyveka
2009-02-11, 09:26 PM
Tried the stairs in a different Revit template - same thing.
Tried totally rebuilding the stairs - same thing.
Tried closing and restarting. Even opened up the project in different versions of Revit. Same issue.

This is really a weird one.
The railing is associated with the right level, all is as it should be. And other identical stairs in other parts of the building are working just fine.

What is even more strange - I opened up an empty project template (default Revit instead of company), copied and pasted the stairs and railings into that (this process usually fixes things like wall joins et al...) and I'm still getting the same behaviour.

Nothing that a little linework cannot fix, but still, this is very very odd.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Now I'm gonna go get some wine. Any recommendations Ian?

iankids
2009-02-11, 09:36 PM
Just for interest sake, in a completely new project, using the revit default template, if you create the stairs from scratch, rather that copying and pasting the evil one, does it still occur?

One way or another, unless one of the brilliant minds here (Andre, Dave, Aaron et al), have an explanation, I guess it is off to the support request and wait a month or so for a response!!

(Red - Chateau Tahbilk Shiraz, White - Maragret Rive Chardonny, Bubbles - Moet)

Cheers,

Ian

stellarblue153
2009-02-12, 01:49 AM
If you can, attach the problem file to the post and I'll check into it.

DoTheBIM
2009-02-12, 07:36 PM
unless one of the brilliant minds here (Andre, Dave, Aaron et al), have an explanation, I guess it is off to the support request and wait a month or so for a response!!
Not sure if I qualify ;)in that category but I'll give it a shot. I've seen this before. Railing display is dependent on the direction you draw the railing sketch lines. Try editing the railing sketch lines and switch the end points from one end to the other. Should take care of it. It should really be turned into support, but I never got the chance to do so.

cdatechguy
2009-09-30, 06:51 PM
Did anyone ever figure this out? I am having the same issue when using 2k9....

Whether the rail is hosted or custom the rail shows backwards for its linetypes, but everything looks great in 3D and sections.

DoTheBIM
2009-09-30, 07:03 PM
Does the post right before yours not resolve the issue?

dhurtubise
2009-09-30, 08:11 PM
Can you post the file please?

cdatechguy
2009-09-30, 08:56 PM
nope....has something to do with the ends though, or the returns to the wall. As soon as I put those in it breaks for some reason.

cdatechguy
2009-09-30, 09:03 PM
Can you post the file please?
Let me see what I can do.....

cdatechguy
2009-09-30, 09:42 PM
Was going to post it.....but it supposedly exceeds my quota....even if I deleted all the attachments I already have. :(

dhurtubise
2009-09-30, 09:43 PM
Paste in a new file and zip

cdatechguy
2009-09-30, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I have been demoted to only allowing 1mb.....total....

Luckily zipping it put me just under that....

dhurtubise
2009-10-01, 12:10 AM
Here's what i got when opening it in 2010

cdatechguy
2009-10-01, 03:01 PM
Yep.....look at the railing.....

philippe.drouant
2009-10-01, 03:49 PM
Look at the View Range parameters. You need to have a lower value for the top of the primary range (I tried with 7' 00 and it's ok).

cdatechguy
2009-10-01, 04:29 PM
I changed it to 7' and the railing totally disappeared on one side.....but the other side was still showing part solid line and part hidden...

cdatechguy
2009-10-01, 05:08 PM
It had something to do with the lower return on the right side....if I removed it but kept the upper side of the same stair it works fine....

So I had to create a return with a custom height instead of hosted, and let the hosted version connect to it.