PDA

View Full Version : Editing multiple cells at the same time in a Schedule

ososteph
2009-02-11, 10:30 PM
Hi!
I know that there have been wish list items to get Revit schedules to work like Excel, but I was wondering: has anyone figured out how to edit multiple cells at the same time? Or even a "Fill down" like command (like in Excel)?
What I'm doing right now is a drawing sheet index. I have multiple columns for the phases/releases of the project. If the sheet is in the current release of the set, there is a bullet. I have been having to paste a bullet into each row and its pretty cumbersome. What I'd like to do is select multiple rows and tell them all to have a bullet.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-11, 10:35 PM
Go to the project browser, select all the sheets you want to "Bullet" and go to their properties, then click the radio button or parameter that you want to "bullet."

Im thankful people cant select multiple fields in schedules and change the values all at once. With those vaues being tied to real geometry, someone could waste a LOT of stuff with one flick in a door schedule, LOL!

ososteph
2009-02-11, 10:49 PM
Thanks! That works great for my sheets!
But how about things like finish schedules. For the most part, we can use a key schedule to "auto fill" a lot of items. However, there are still some "one-off" things that we don't want to make a key for. So I'm still hoping for a way to edit multiple cells at once.
thanks again

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-11, 11:14 PM
Room FInish schedules work the same way.

Go to your floor plan, Highlight the rooms, hit properties, and fill in the data for all the similar rooms together, even the ones with one offs...

If three rooms dont conform to the key schedule, go to the plan, select the three rooms, and edit the one off info (if theyre all the same). if theyre NOT all the same, then editing multiple cells doesnt help you?

Im not attacking your *wish* per se... But this forum has a LOT of: i wish revit worked like this other software, or like excel, or like autocad, or sketchup.

It really is a rediculously efficient tool to use, once people start moving with it in a way that works for what it is, instead of trying to make it move in a way theyre used to...

krista.manna
2009-02-12, 12:50 AM
If you use filters & unchecking itemize every item you can lump a number of things together under one option for a specific parameter. It just depends on what is in your project & what you set the filters & sorting to that will dictate how many doors you can change at once by doing that. I find it rather useful when I want to change (for example) every door type A to sill detail A.

-K-