PDA

View Full Version : Revit architecture view templates or Revit Structure view templates

rob.127056
2009-02-13, 07:36 PM
I am an architect who uses Revit Architecture. I use an engineer frequently who is trying to use Revit Stucture with little motivation. I am designing my own house and my engineer offered to do the structure 'pro bono". In return I have offered to set up his Revit Structure to make his drawings look the way he wants them to. The question I have is, if I do the whole project in Revit Architecture can I tranfer my view templates to his Revit Structure? Or should I use Revit Structure to create my structural drawings? Normally in my office I would be doing my work in Revit Architecture and he would be doing his in Revit Structure.
Thanks.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-13, 07:56 PM
Im not well versed in RST, but i asked this question to a few folks in RA support at Autodesk last year, and they advised against setting up views in RA and then "sending them in to RST."

Reason being some default settings/behaviors are different for RA and RST, and the views reflect that...

I would do it in RST...