PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning in revit

b.boyes
2009-02-15, 10:31 PM
I'm new and quickly getting used to Revit Architecture.
I have come across an issue when dimensioning.
Imagine an external wall with two internal walls abutting it, one at 90 degrees and the other at say 60 degrees. How do I select the intersection point of the second wall as the face of wall is not at 90 degrees and not automatically selected by the dimension tool.
I know there is a new feature in 2009 that allows you to press TAB and it should select the intersecting points, but I have found when two walls intersect (that are of different wall types) you can't select their intersecting point....or am I doing something wrong.??
Any advise would be helpful.

jarosa
2009-02-15, 11:24 PM
b.boyes,
I am working on a project with angled walls. To dimension some walls i have to tab 8-10 time to get "grip". sometimes revit is beautiful, sometimes ridiculous. see if it'll work if you keep on tabbing.
John

Norton_cad
2009-02-16, 12:29 AM
Select the perpedicular wall with the dimension tool.
Next hover the mouse curser over the intersection you want to dimension to go too. Don't click the mouse yet!
Next hit the tab key a couple of times, until a grip appears at the wall intersection your hovering over. Now click your mouse, and the dimension is as you desire.

I use this meathod regularly when dealing with non-perpendicular walls, and is handy when dealing with non-orthographic walls too.

If all your walls are perpendicular then just click on the dimension, then the grip next to the extension line, and drag it to a a new perpendicular line. or tap the grip to cycle through either wall side & mid point.

b.boyes
2009-02-16, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try as you have suggested, I think one just needs to be patient.

tomnewsom
2009-02-16, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try as you have suggested, I think one just needs to be patient.

I'm going to have to change my Avatar now :(:)

patricks
2009-02-16, 01:02 PM
wth I THOUGHT I had seen that avatar before! OP you should kindly change your avatar please to distinguish from Mr. Newsom here. *edit* wait both of you joined around the same time.... hmm...

BTW what exactly is that a picture of??