PDA

View Full Version : Change Project Base Elevation

Jason
2003-08-24, 04:01 PM
The project elevation is set at 0'. The project topo is set at 80'. I have followed the tutorial to try to change the project elevation so that it is sitting on the topo elevation of 80'. The elevation shown on the level line is at 80' but the project didn't move upward any closer to the topo. What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Jason

Wes Macaulay
2003-08-24, 04:45 PM
The site topo is based on one of the levels of your project - probably the first level (Level 1 in a blank project). When you move up your levels in elevation, the topo goes up too! (Look at the properties of the site plan - you'll see it's based on a level).

What I do first off in a project is rename Level 1 to Sea Level, which will always be 0'. Then, if I'm doing real elevations for my project, they will be at whatever elevation they need to be. I import or create the topo in the Site Plan (which relates to sea level now) and everything works out fine.

Jason
2003-08-24, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am new at revit. Can you walk me through this.

When i check the elevations of the topo it shows it at around the 80' mark similar to the project and the project should be above the elevation, but it isn't.

Wes Macaulay
2003-08-25, 02:46 AM
Which tutorials are these, Jason? Since I'm on the evil reseller side, I have no end of tutorial files available to me... let me know and I will walk you through this.

TTFN

LRaiz
2003-08-25, 03:29 AM
http://revit.autodesk.com/documents.asp provides a number of useful documents.

Jason
2003-08-25, 05:05 AM
I download the files from LRaiz' link above. There is a section in the tutorial called " Setting a Projects' Base Elevation" page 399.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Jason
2003-08-27, 10:47 PM
Wes,

Any thoughts with this matter?

Jason