PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Paste Sections Across Projects Not Working

ktracy.194130
2009-02-16, 02:26 PM
Hi,
I've copied all the section marks from a floor plan in one Revit file to the floor plan in another file. Everything looked great- showed up in the same place, could be placed on sheets, showed up in the browser with the same name, etc. However, when I right click and select "go to view" nothing happens. Similarly, I can't double click the view in the browser and get to that section view. I can 'activate view' and edit it once it is on a sheet, but that's it. It doesn't show up under the sheet views when I expand the sheet in the browser. Weird.

Is there something wrong with me or with the program? Can Revit just not do this?

Scott Womack
2009-02-16, 04:09 PM
I'm personally supreise it let you "copy" the section marks from one file to another. I did not believe it would allow that to happen, without copying the geometry they referenced as well.

ktracy.194130
2009-02-16, 04:33 PM
I copy/paste aligned. I was surprised it worked as well because it wouldn't let me do that with elevation views.

ktracy.194130
2009-02-18, 10:02 PM
So the sections and elevations I was copy/pasting were already on sheets in the file I was copying from.When I copy/paste sections that are already on sheets, I was not able to double click and go to view, nor was I able to click on the section in the browser to get to the view. However, when I deleted them off the sheets, then copy/pasted them into a new file, everything worked fine.