PDA

View Full Version : Nest Door Family Appearing Parameters?!?!

aretap
2009-02-17, 05:12 PM
OK, so here is my dilemma! I have a door family that is made up of nested frames and panels. I have a generic model family that I make a door panel in. I then changed the family category to Door. I also have a Door family nested in that contains the frame.

When working on the frame I made a parameter for the Head Height (i.e. 2" or 4") it is called Head Ht. (see image 1)

When I Load it into the Door family that is the main/host suddenly a new parameter shows up in the door??

The same ordeal occurs when I Load the final version of the door into a project.
Suddenly the parameters Head Height show up as well as Frame Type, Frame Material and Finish, etc

Where are these hidden parameters coming from and how can I delete or control them???

patricks
2009-02-17, 06:26 PM
Head Height is a system parameter in doors and windows that takes the sill height, adds the door/window height, and reports the head height. It's just there in case you want to schedule the door/window head height above the floor. You cannot get rid of it.

To distinguish your parameter, you might call it something like "Frame Head Height" or something like that.