PDA

View Full Version : Beams in plan vew

aar
2004-10-19, 08:45 AM
I created a beam 250 cm above the floor. but i do not see a dotted line in the plan. I know that I can use linework but in this project I have 28 beams and It becomes a tedious task.

Thanks

Nic M.
2004-10-19, 09:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken the "dotted" line is only visibel in coarse detail level
You can set this in the view properties dialog box but this is for the whole plan view
Or you can set it in the visibility/graphics dialog box for a specific object catagory in a specific plan view.

SkiSouth
2004-10-19, 11:18 AM
I created a beam 250 cm above the floor. but i do not see a dotted line in the plan. I know that I can use linework but in this project I have 28 beams and It becomes a tedious task.

Thanks

In your family, go to object styles. Create a line type, call it Beam or whatever, and give it a dotted? (hidden?) line type. In the line properties, you'll now find two lines of the "beam " category, one for cut and one for projection.

Using the Model line type select the created Beam projection line type, Draw a line on the reference plan view and lock it to the beam sides. Do this for both sides of the beam. Lock it to the reference plan also. Select the lines you've drawn, select properties, and change these new line's view properties so that the lines only show in plan. (turn off reflected ceiling plan, elevation etc.)

If you use a structural beam type, remember that Revit puts the beam under the level you are inserting on - so either use offset or modify your beam family around that. A jpg is attached to show the idea..

Now when you insert your beam family, a dotted? line will show in the reference plane. You can also turn these dotted lines off in your project with your visibility view controls.

aar
2004-10-19, 11:38 AM
Thanks, I will do that

isaac.hedberg
2005-03-22, 05:38 PM
I'm new to Revit, but shouldn't I be able to use Symbolic Lines rather than Model lines to show the plan view of the beam?
I tried making a ceiling based generic model of a false beam and drawing symbolic lines on the floor plan view, but they didn't show up in my floor plan.