PDA

View Full Version : Highlight Only Constrained Wall

Brockster
2009-02-19, 01:10 AM
The PM want the Revit to display the walls with top constraints connecting to the above level to display and plot gray tone or whatever way they can appear uniquely to the unconnected top walls. Has anyone run into this situation or have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this task?

Scott Womack
2009-02-19, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure you can. The only hope would be to filter views for walls, and see if the top constraint is accessible to a view filter. IF it is not, then that would prove the answer.

Brockster
2009-02-19, 11:49 AM
I'll take a look at the use of filters once I'm in the office.

greg.mcdowell
2009-02-19, 04:42 PM
i tried this once before and found that i had to manually enter an instance parameter in the wall in order to filter

if you find a better way let us (me) know

Brockster
2009-02-19, 06:10 PM
Scott, are you talking about filter selection or schedule filters?

Greg, how did using your method help you display the top constrained wall shaded gray or differently?

greg.mcdowell
2009-02-19, 06:58 PM
i created a filter on the parameter and modified the graphics based on what it found

works well other than the need to manually keep track of what the walls are doing

dhurtubise
2009-02-19, 07:08 PM
unfortunately you will have to use a SP to create a filter. Wish we could use parameter like Top Vertical Projection but those are not available for Filter and it only shows for structural walls.

Brockster
2009-02-20, 12:39 AM
Greg, can I see your test file?

Guys, there doesn't seem to be a way to gather all of top constrained wall, but I have a way to at least apply shading.

1. I added the comment "Top Constrained" to the walls properties of the walls want to shade.

2. Then VG > Filters > Add > Edit/New > Create a new filter > check category box for walls > in filter rule area pick Comments. I had to browser for the Comment parameter. Set to equal, then type in "Top Constrained". Okay back to the Filters tab and change the Cut, Pattern color and pattern. Okay out of the dialog box.

Now the wall(s) should display colored.