PDA

View Full Version : Steel Lintels

jcoe
2004-10-19, 03:06 PM
Has anyone trid to place steel lintels in the building model using double-angles or similar Revit families?

I have placed the double angles in at window and door heads, but they are upside down. Revit will not allow me to rotate or mirror the lintel. Any thoughts.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-10-19, 03:44 PM
Not sure if this answers or helps but try creating the lintels as part of the window family itself. If you use this approach the lintel size will automatically be correct and always in the same location relative to the window/wall.

bclarch
2004-10-19, 05:25 PM
I have a vague memory of someone dealing with this issue before. I believe they were trying to use an angle as a beam and the long leg kept being flipped down or something like that. I don't remember if they found a resolution or not but it's worth trying a search. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

jcoe
2004-10-20, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the assist gentlemen. I'll try to make the lintel as part of the window family first and keep looking for additional posts.

sfaust
2004-10-20, 03:24 PM
I had done something similar before. It wasn't for a lintel, but I need a steel angle facing opposite vertically of what it was. As I recall it was very frustrating and I think that I ended up saving a copy of the steel angle family and re-creating the extrusions opposite. There have been listed "many structural improvements" in 7.0, so at this point it may be easier to wait until Monday and see what 7.0 has to offer in this department. If you want it, here is the family I made (I only have a single angle, not a double).

Steve