PDA

View Full Version : View title tag needs to reference a diff view

Kenny Gee
2009-02-19, 11:40 PM
Ok
I have a view reference tag under all my elevations that are referencing A-01 (floorplan) How can I make all the references reference A-03 (fixture plan)??????

The elevation tags in plan mode are visible in both my Floor Plans and Fixture Plans.

Norton_cad
2009-02-20, 12:39 AM
Select the view, and in the options window in the top left, scroll down/up to "viewport no title". Add some text to annotate as you wish....

Kenny Gee
2009-02-20, 12:44 AM
That cant be the only way?????
Very manual and non parametric

Andre Carvalho
2009-02-20, 02:34 AM
Try this:

Hide the elevation marks in the floor plan (go to the view, select the elevation and press EH - this is the shortcut to hide elements from the view. Just leave the elevation showing in the view you want. Then in the sheets, if the elevation is still referencing the view you don't want, just remove the plan view that the elevation is referencing to from the sheet and add it again. The elevation now should look for the plan view that actually has the elevation marks showing.

Andre Carvalho

rrothwel
2009-02-20, 02:18 PM
not too sure how the question is phrased what you want to reference but! If you want sections to reference another view, as you pick the section tool, before you place it, look at the top and there is an option for reference other view. If your view already exist there is a pull down up top and you can scroll down to the view name. Then place the section and you are golden. Is this what you meant?

Andre Carvalho
2009-02-20, 02:35 PM
not too sure how the question is phrased what you want to reference but! If you want sections to reference another view, as you pick the section tool, before you place it, look at the top and there is an option for reference other view. If your view already exist there is a pull down up top and you can scroll down to the view name. Then place the section and you are golden. Is this what you meant?

I think what he meant is that he has a sheet called A-01 with his floor plan and a sheet called A-03 with his fixture plan. Both plans have the elevation tags. In a third sheet, when he insert the elevations, he wants the elevations title to reference the fixture plan in A-03 and not the floor plan in A-01...

And if that's the case, my suggestion above will work.

Andre Carvalho