PDA

View Full Version : Tags and Spaces

jastect
2004-10-19, 06:56 PM
We are working with 2-d walls and ADT doors, saving back to 2002. I inserted some door tags and customized them to show what I want in a schedule. I also started outlining spaces so I could create a room schedule.

Now, I have continued tagging doors but they now only show room no. 001? Some of the older tags are not even showing up as AEC Tags any more. They still say the correct number, though. Is saving back to 2002 messing them up? How do I get my inof. to show correctly again?

Please help me?!

mjfarrell
2004-10-19, 07:11 PM
Yes, saving backwards out of most AutoCAD based products
STUPIFIES the intelligent ARX AEC objects.
This is part of the forced path to upgrade.

jastect
2004-10-21, 12:39 PM
Michael,
I wanted to let you know, I went back to an earlier version of my drawing still in 2005. The tags worked until I tried to customize the tag's 'attributes'. (I needed to add room name & number.) If I want to create the door schedule and finish schedules from this drawing, can the door tags, AEC doors, & room tags take care of all this info? (My doors have the room name & number added manually.) Do I need to assign 'spaces', too? What would be the most concise way to coordinate all this? We are still preliminary and don't have all the details, yet. I'll need to change out doors and add all the minutiae.
Thanks.