PDA

View Full Version : How do I rotate a view?

Wagurto
2004-10-19, 07:40 PM
How do I rotate a view when I am placing it in a sheet layout?
It is posible to do that without rotating the view?
thanks

sbrown
2004-10-19, 07:43 PM
2 ways,
1. place on sheet, then pick the viewport and under its properties, specify the rotation.
2. in the view, pick on the crop region and click rotate(this will actually rotate the view, not just how it sits on the sheet)

LRaiz
2004-10-19, 08:03 PM
Once a view is placed on a sheet its properties dialog lists 4 additional attributes that are not seen for views not on sheets. One of them is "View rotation on sheet" and it allows values of 90° clockwise and 90° counterclockwise. This attribute is also exposed in properties of a viewport.

archjake
2004-10-19, 09:52 PM
Once a view is placed on a sheet its properties dialog lists 4 additional attributes that are not seen for views not on sheets. One of them is "View rotation on sheet" and it allows values of 90° clockwise and 90° counterclockwise. This attribute is also exposed in properties of a viewport.

Leonid,

Why can't we align views if they are rotated on a sheet?
Ex. Once two views are rotated 90 deg. they will not align by their title.

This has happened on two projects and I have not had a chance to investigate. Will this be fixed in 7.0?

LRaiz
2004-10-19, 11:43 PM
Why can't we align views if they are rotated on a sheet?
Ex. Once two views are rotated 90 deg. they will not align by their title.

The absence of rotated views alignment by their titles must be a bug that was not previously reported. Fortunately my quick experiments show that rotated views do align by geometry of shown model (more important from my POV).

eric.piotrowicz
2010-01-12, 10:21 PM
Digging up an old thread here but I'm curious if I'm missing something obvious or found a bug.
Now in 2010 when we rotate our sections 90 degrees on sheets they don't want to align to anything anymore, not geometery and not titles. Everything is fine when they are not rotated on sheets but spin them 90 degrees and nothing works.
Has anybody else noticed this recently? Or am I :screwy:

eric.piotrowicz
2010-01-14, 02:14 PM
Nobody else has seen this happen in 2010?

patricks
2010-01-14, 07:18 PM
Seems you're right. But since I pretty much NEVER use the Rotation On Sheet option, it doesn't affect me.

I always rotate the crop region when I need a view to be oriented differently on a sheet.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-01-14, 08:15 PM
Rotating the crop region doesn't work for section though. Looks like a bug and we are back to the eyeball snap/nudge method.