PDA

View Full Version : Local file corruption??

dgosnell
2009-02-21, 09:06 PM
How often should you have to create a new local copy when working in a file with worksets enabled? Recently, I have started having problems with my local file every 2-3 days. Components or walls that I place do not show up. Sometimes Revit will give the warning message "elements do not show up in view, check view settings, etc" but sometimes there is no message. The elements display on my coworkers' machines after they reload latest. The problem seems to be fixed by creating a new local copy. The problem does not seem to be linked to fatal errors or Revit crashing. I recently installed Web Update 3 with Revit 2009.

rodneyf
2009-02-23, 03:59 AM
dgosnell,

As a good rule of thumb is it is very beneficial to create a new local file everyday. It just makes sense if you really think about what you have been seeing as far as warning are concerned.

Cheers,

bcgatti
2009-02-23, 12:51 PM
To second rodneyf, we create new local files every day.

See the following thread for recommendations and a slick utility put together and shared by a couple of AUGI members that automates creating a new local file and launches Revit: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=65897

Brett