PDA

View Full Version : Superelevation Regions?

Coolmo
2009-02-23, 09:27 PM
How do I get the Superelevation properties to "see" that I have 2 horizontal curves in my alignment whereas it creates two superelevation regions? I started with just one curve and it worked great but then added another horizontal curve to the end of the alignment. Doesn't it just pick that up and recalc a new SE region for both?

Coolmo
2009-02-24, 01:18 PM
To add to my question, I recreated the exact alignment and corridor putting both curves in the alignment BEFORE running the superelevation calcs and it worked fine. Now my question becomes... Do you have to start from scratch every time you add features to your alignment or was my above (1st post) question/situation just a fluke?

sinc
2009-02-24, 01:25 PM
Did you try clicking on the "Set Superelevation Properties" button?

Or is the problem that you customized the superelevation settings, and the "Set Superelevation Properties" button will blow everything out and recreate everything from scratch, causing you to lose your edits?

Coolmo
2009-02-24, 03:00 PM
Did you try clicking on the "Set Superelevation Properties" button?

Or is the problem that you customized the superelevation settings, and the "Set Superelevation Properties" button will blow everything out and recreate everything from scratch, causing you to lose your edits?

When I click "Set Superelevation Properties" it sets up everything for 1 region only even though there are 2 curves on the alignment. I've even wiped out all the calcs/info myself and let it recalc the superelevation stations and such and it still only found one region. Again though, I erased the original alignment and corridor and created a NEW alignment with the same features and it finally saw both regions. Apparently it was just wiggin out after I added information and additional curves to the first alignment. If there's a way to reset the alignment or get rid of old calcs a different way for it to reevaluate the entire alignment again, please let me know.