PDA

View Full Version : Turn off a view on a sheet?

AJGKennedy
2009-02-24, 05:19 PM
Is there a way to temporarily turn off a view on a sheet.

Here I go again… In AutoCAD I would just turn the viewport off… (I don’t like comparing AutoCAD with Revit, but 20+ years of using it sometimes give a strong point of reference and thought process…)

In this case I have been asked to temporarily remove some details… but these details are part of the set and I would like to keep them set in the set were they are and I would like to just turn them off temporarily so that when they are to be brought back I can just turn them back on…

Any suggestions?

:) I just had one thought of placing a filled region over the detail temporarily… I still like the thought of turning it on and off… it there was a switch somewhere…

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-24, 05:22 PM
There is no way that i know of. You cant put a filled region or a masking region on a sheet, either... You can place a symbol, but im not sure of the draw order if you set it on top of a viewport.

I would just delete them from the sheet, print, then put them back... Or if youre worried about staying coordinated, Save as, delete, print, and go back to your other file...

AJGKennedy
2009-02-24, 05:30 PM
There is no way that i know of. You cant put a filled region or a masking region on a sheet, either... You can place a symbol, but im not sure of the draw order if you set it on top of a viewport.

I would just delete them from the sheet, print, then put them back... Or if youre worried about staying coordinated, Save as, delete, print, and go back to your other file...

I have a nice little wipe out box with instance parameters (Generic Annotations Family) that I had already made long ago... I can drop it onto a sheet and select it give it the width and height I need and it covers anything I want covered... So this would work...

If I can't find a switch... I may just have to do this since I m out of time... but it would be nice to know for future reference.. if the other is possible...

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-24, 05:41 PM
Its not... But for me, id still just do a save as in the archive directory and delete the views. The wipeout leaves too much chance for someone to leave it on a sheet, or something.

But, i archive when important stuff leaves the office anyway, so the save as part is sometimes part of the workflow, depending on what and why the drawings are getting sent out of the office...

AJGKennedy
2009-02-24, 07:05 PM
Its not... But for me, id still just do a save as in the archive directory and delete the views. The wipeout leaves too much chance for someone to leave it on a sheet, or something.

But, i archive when important stuff leaves the office anyway, so the save as part is sometimes part of the workflow, depending on what and why the drawings are getting sent out of the office...

I do have to admit leaving it hidden under a wipe out is a little unnerving... no way to see that it is there... deleting is the cleanest and safest... to many possible mistakes that could happen... such as life...

Good news, it isn't that hard to re place details on the sheets...

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-24, 07:18 PM
Are you in a worksetted project? If so, either DFC when you open it, of just STC, THEN delete them, then print, then close without saving and relinquishing. Reopen the unsaved local, and they were never deleted in the first place. No need to actually go through and put them all back...

AJGKennedy
2009-02-24, 07:26 PM
This would work for a quick print and for a very temporary... this situation may be a little longer then this... good idea... I can see how that would work for a very quick one time print without something... Could work for many things... Quick print with something gone...