PDA

View Full Version : Roof not appearing in overlay

mmiles
2009-02-25, 04:29 PM
I have one roof that was placed on a level (without plan view) which is above my 1st floor and below my 2nd floor. When I use overlay settings in the 1st floor plan so that I can use the linework tool to change the line of the roof above, the roof in question is no where to be seen. I have checked the "reveal hidden elements" tool and it is not hidden.

So, what is controlling this? If I change the cut plane to be where the roof is, of course it shows up, but I do not want this. And, yes, the plan region show it, but....why this one roof (see attached for more information).

thanks.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-25, 05:20 PM
How high is the top of the view range for the plan itself? Even if you cant *see* the roof in the Plan, if the roof is IN the view range of the regular view, it will be ommited from the Underlay...

mmiles
2009-02-25, 08:04 PM
I've adjusted the view range to be well below the bottom of the roof (cut plane: 48"; top range 49") which is roughly 5.5 FT above level. These particular roofs do not appear in any overlays.

Is there something about which plan a roof is originally drawn on that affects visibility? For example if it was originally drawn on 1st floor, then changed to report a different level.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-25, 08:08 PM
Theres a lot going on there, im not sure im following with the issue. Can you post a portion of the file?

dhurtubise
2009-02-25, 09:18 PM
Did you try changing the type of overlay to RCP?

mmiles
2009-02-25, 09:31 PM
no- too large, too much info to strip down.
I will leave it as a mystery. Using model lines on 1st floor instead. no time to mess with this kind of task at this point. Thanks.

dhurtubise
2009-02-25, 09:32 PM
All you have to do is change the OVerlay type to RCP.

mmiles
2009-02-25, 09:44 PM
All you have to do is change the OVerlay type to RCP.

No, that is not working. There is either a bug with this roof, or some other strange setting. I thought the notion of the roof being within the view range would reveal it, but it does not. It is only one roof, too, which is why it seems like there is something wrong with it. Oh well. thanks.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-25, 09:54 PM
Well, it sounds like youre under deadline... But met me know if you want me to take a look at it. I can give you an FTP site to put it on, and i can peek at it and send it back.

Since its the end of business, you shouldnt lose any productive time...

EDIT: Shoot me an email below if you want me to peek. My next guess is that it has something to do with the extraneous levels that are perched around the area. A quick test could be done in fifteen minutes... I troubleshoot all week long, LOL...