PDA

View Full Version : design option issue

mhudson
2009-02-25, 08:03 PM
I'm working on a couple design options for a cluster of windows on an exterior wall of a cottage. Exterior wall was placed into two options under an option set. Each option has clusters of 15 windows. Because of the complexity of the cluster of the windows and because this cluster only appears at one location in the cottage I created an in-place window trim family. That in-place family is located in my primary option but not the other. My plan, because of the differences in clusters, was to create an in-place family for the trim in each option. Sounds simple. Here's the issue... When I attempt to create the window trim in the 2nd option it won't allow me to start the solid extrusion because it says there is elements in this option referencing elements in another option of the same option set. How can that be?

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-25, 08:10 PM
What work plane is it trying to reference when you try to draw the extrusion? Is it set to the face of the wall in the option that youre currently in? I would turn on Work Plane Visibility to see if thats the issue... The WP might be on something else thats not in both options...

mhudson
2009-02-25, 08:19 PM
yep, that's it - it was referencing the same work plane in both options. Thanks!