PDA

View Full Version : RAMP PROBLEMS

leon.r
2004-10-20, 03:03 PM
i have drawn a ramp that goes from say, level 1 to level 4. but the ramp is seen on all the plans, and i have set all the views so that you can only see that plan, not above or below. it does not cut the ramp on the first level or the rest. i need to annotate this so that it looks like a technical drawing and that it reads right. so it needs to show where it is cut and maybe even show the line of the ramp above in a dotted line.

DanielleAnderson
2004-10-20, 05:23 PM
I have had similar ramp problems and have had to do some pretty whacky work-arounds. When I want a ramp, I usually use the floor tool and then add the necessary slope to it. You can then add railings by going to the railing tool and when you draw your rail make sure you attach it to the host floor and it will slope with the sloped floor. The cut still doesn't turn out very pretty in plan and I have found that I have to use filled regions and the drafting tool to get the look I want.
If anyone else has a better way to make the ramp tool work I would also love to hear about it.
:)
Danielle

gregcashen
2004-10-21, 02:13 AM
That's what filled regions and detail lines are for!

DanielleAnderson
2004-10-22, 05:16 PM
That's what filled regions and detail lines are for!

I'm not sure I completely agree here, I mean, stairs cut correctly in plan, and even have a built in cut-line that accurately moves depending on cut plane, so why couldn't ramps do the same thing? Does Revit 7 deal with this issue?

Danielle

beegee
2004-10-22, 11:23 PM
It would be great if ramps were fixed in 7.0, but for now, try using a floor slab with a slope arrow - that may solve your immediate problem.

gregcashen
2004-10-22, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure I completely agree here, I mean, stairs cut correctly in plan, and even have a built in cut-line that accurately moves depending on cut plane, so why couldn't ramps do the same thing? Does Revit 7 deal with this issue?

Danielle

I agree that the ramp tool should be fixed, but in the meantime, there is a simple fix, which is to just draft over it and show it the way you want it to look. Sometimes it's painful when Revit resists because of broken or incomplete functionality, but it bears remembering that not everything needs to be automatic....sometimes it's about getting the job done and the CDs in plancheck.