PDA

View Full Version : parametric mullion

ksobon
2009-02-26, 06:32 AM
hey is there a way to create a custom mullion using the new>family>profile mullion tool and then assign a paramters to it like dimension, visibility or material parameters? is there any way in which i can control mullions and be able to change their material in a one curtain wall system without creating seperate mullions and then clicking them one by one? please help!! thank you!!/konrad

ksobon
2009-02-26, 06:34 AM
and generally if you can can someone explain to me how to at least assign a dimension parameter to a mullion....so i can control it later?

jj mac
2009-02-27, 02:14 PM
You can create a custom mullion by first creating a mullion profile family, and then adding whatever dimensions/parameters you need. Then you load it into your project, create a new mullion type and apply the new profile to the new type.

I have tried this a few times and the one thing I had trouble with is how I expected the custom mullions to join together or to other mullions... Especially at corners. You may not get the results you expect as mullions technically don't "join" together.

Also from my experience these custom profiles can only be applied to a "system" rectangular or circular mullions. All other system mullion shapes are determined through system type properties with limited flexibility, which I am sure you are experiencing.