PDA

View Full Version : Roof Phasing

harkeychad
2009-02-26, 02:06 PM
I have an existing building that is basically all staying and adding to it. I have a few 3d views shown for phasing which is great. My question is I want to show a new roof on the existing and want that to be darker on my elevations. I do not want to use phasing and turn it to new since it will show that way everywhere. I want it just to show on my elevations. Is there a filter I can do? I have looked in the vg settings and do not see how I can do it there. Thanks

patricks
2009-02-26, 02:20 PM
So you're putting something like new shingles over an existing roof?

Why not just make a new roof object around 1/4" thick or so, and place it so that it just touches the top of the existing roof? Set each roof to the correct phase, and then use phase filters to show various graphic overrides or none at all.

So you could show your existing in gray and new in black in elevation views, but then use Show Complete to show everything By Category in your color 3D views so it doesn't look weird.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking?

harkeychad
2009-02-26, 03:17 PM
I suppose I could do that. Just wanted a quick for for the elevations only. thanks

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-26, 03:31 PM
I would do just as partrick said. edit the roof so it DOESNT have the finish layer on it, then copy/paste same place the exact same roof, duplicate the type, make it JUST the finish, and adjust its height in elevation.

Should take two minutes...