PDA

View Full Version : applying images to famalies

gsuhr
2009-02-26, 02:45 PM
I would like to apply an image file to a family and be able to see it when in the model for quick perspective shots and for possibly rendering. I know the image will be 2-d, but that is fine, it will be used more for just representation and scale. Our firm models churches, and i would like to render an interior shot with the image of Christ on the cross. I have the cross modeled and the image i would like to use but dont know if you can apply it to the family so it rotates and changes with the perpective and possibly have the image show up in the rendering? I could do most of this in photoshop but it would be nice to just have quick interior perspectives.

saeborne
2009-02-26, 02:58 PM
I would recommend using a Decal.

Look under the Modeling Menu > Decal.

gsuhr
2009-02-26, 03:19 PM
This works well for rendered images, but is it possible to have an image in the model to see without rendering. As far as a design to I would like to see the image while modeling.

Scott Womack
2009-02-26, 05:26 PM
No, currently it is not. Images in Families will not come through into the project file, period. This is by design. The ideas is you can link in images, put explanitory text in, etc to build the family, in most families it will not come into the project. Titleblock families is one exception.

stellarblue153
2009-02-26, 06:26 PM
I am not an expert on this, but one possible area to research is creating your own RPC content: www.archvision.com. I just looked at their site and it looks like they have a free 2D RPC creator (under Products>>Publishing Tools). It looks like you could also buy a 3D RPC creator.

RPC allows a place holder of some sort in Revit that you can see in the model, but renders with real images that are part of the RPC block.

If you are using the same images a lot, this might prove to be beneficial to you.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-26, 06:41 PM
The OP is still going to have to render to get RPC to work, just like a decal...