PDA

View Full Version : Superscript based grid bubbles

gautamrs
2009-02-26, 04:50 PM
Hi there folks,
Is there a way to create superscript based grid bubbles/lines ( for eg. A10 ) within Revit? We are currently working on a project that requires several segmented grid lines that form an elliptical shape. Each ellipse is made up of several grid segments, but constitute the same grid line. I know that no two grid lines can have the same name. Please advice. I've also attached an image of what exactly I'm looking to create.

Thank you,
Gautam

Scott Womack
2009-02-26, 06:21 PM
Only if the Font you are using has them built into the font. Revit does not have that text editing capability on its own. To see what your font has in it, Goto the Windows Start/Program/Accessories/System Tools, and the 2nd or 3rd down is Character Map

gautamrs
2009-02-26, 06:44 PM
Thanks Scott.. I checked the fonts and the ones that have these only have numbers '2' and '3' in the character map....

d.stairmand
2009-03-07, 02:16 AM
There is a way to do all of this! I saw it in a blog somewhere?
You basically create a new grid bubble, with a shared parameter for the number.
load it into revit, add the shared parameter to the project
then when drawing the grids, you can manually tell revit which grid name each of the grids (or multiple grids) are.

Scott Womack
2009-03-09, 10:23 AM
You basically create a new grid bubble, with a shared parameter for the number. load it into revit, add the shared parameter to the project
then when drawing the grids, you can manually tell revit which grid name each of the grids (or multiple grids) are. You cannot do this within the Grid Head families directly. The entire Annotation Catagory, (with the exception of Titleblocks) does not allow the addition of Shared Parameters, according to the Help File.