PDA

View Full Version : Can't see section cut lines

patricks
2004-10-20, 04:23 PM
I'm working on a project that was started some time ago for the schematic design, and then I came on board to help finish up DD's and take it into and finish the CD's.

Somehow or another the overall building section cut annotations have disappeared from the overall floor plans. The annotations do exist on a couple of enlarged plan views (although turned off in those particular views), and the actual drawings they reference do exist in the drawing list. The section annotation is turned on in the Visibility/Graphics list on all the drawings. However if I move the cursor all over the overall plan views, I can't seem to find the section lines (i.e. they have not merely been turned off in that view, they're just not there). I'm stumped so far.

Allen Lacy
2004-10-20, 04:27 PM
Check the Properties of a section (where you are able to see it) and see if the "Hide at scales coarser than" is set to a scale that is larger than your overall plan.

slb
2004-10-20, 04:36 PM
Check the section view's properties and see if "Hide at scales coarser than" is set to a scale finer than the plan view's scale...

The other common cause for this is the fact that the crop boundary of the section does not intersect the particular plan view in which you expect it to appear. Expand the crop boundary of the section view to intersects the level for the plan view.

GS Fulton
2004-10-20, 05:02 PM
The last time that happened to me it was the "discipline" setting in the section element properties box. Choices are "Architectural", "Structural", and "Coordination". Check the view properties to see that the section you want to display matches the setting of the view.

George F

patricks
2004-10-20, 05:16 PM
thanks everyone, the problem was in fact the "hide at scales coarser than" parameter. In order to try to get all the floor plans on one sheet, and since we have enlarged plans on another sheet anyway, we had set the overall floor plan scale to 1/16", and the section was set to hide it at scales coarser than 3/32". :beer: