PDA

View Full Version : Free Fan and Blower Models Available

the_cad_monkey
2009-02-27, 12:55 AM
Hello All,
Just a quick FYI. You can head to www.lorencook.com/About/destools.shtml to download any fan models that they make. All most all of their fans are modeld in Revit. You will have to request an access code, but that is no problem. This might save some work for a few of you.

RevitNinja
2009-02-27, 02:32 PM
This is going to save us a ton of work. Thanks for the link!

trythefly
2009-03-09, 05:15 PM
I love seeing Manufacturers using Revit!

Liamnacuac
2009-03-10, 04:24 PM
I love seeing Manufacturers using Revit!

Don't we all!
Speaking of which, does anyone have a family for Griswold Hose Kits?

the_cad_monkey
2010-06-21, 08:24 PM
Just an update on the Loren Cook project. Any day now, a tool will be coming out from Loren Cook. It allows the user to export a fan schedule from their Compute-A-Fan software. This schedule can be used in conjunction with a Revit Addin from Cook that pulls the list of fans up in a window within Revit. Then the fans can be placed into your MEP model from that window. Also, if you have to reselect fans, you can update the schedule and the fans and their parameters will be updated for you. Another tool within the addin is the ability to rename or create new parameters to these models. I will attach the help file for your viewing. Please feel free to post any comments or questions.

Maxime S
2010-06-22, 02:37 PM
Just an update on the Loren Cook project. Any day now, a tool will be coming out from Loren Cook. It allows the user to export a fan schedule from their Compute-A-Fan software. This schedule can be used in conjunction with a Revit Addin from Cook that pulls the list of fans up in a window within Revit. Then the fans can be placed into your MEP model from that window. Also, if you have to reselect fans, you can update the schedule and the fans and their parameters will be updated for you. Another tool within the addin is the ability to rename or create new parameters to these models. I will attach the help file for your viewing. Please feel free to post any comments or questions.

I will need to see how this works in a real project, but this kind of tool could be VERY NICE! Thanks for the info Monkey!