PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fixtures not showing

still.james
2009-02-27, 09:36 AM
i have 2 floor plans which the electrical fixtures are showing, but when i print preview they do not show :???:

in VG everything is ticked, so im stumped

grant.doherty
2009-02-27, 12:20 PM
So are they showing on your normal plan but when you print preview the plans they are no longer there?

clog boy
2009-02-27, 12:47 PM
So are they showing on your normal plan but when you print preview the plans they are no longer there?

That's what he said...

Would you perhaps attempt duplicate view with detailing? When that doesn't work, load and overwrite from other project?

still.james
2009-02-27, 01:13 PM
hi

i tried duplicating the view, and adding to a new sheet...still the same.

the strange thing is the light fittings still show, just no switches/sockets.

trying to get this drawing out today and im pulling me hair out *what i have left lol*

Andre Carvalho
2009-02-27, 01:33 PM
You know, Revit is supposed to be WYSIWYG so if it is showing on plans it is supposed to print, if not then maybe there's a bug. I assume you have tried to go further than the print preview and actually tried printing it anyways, just to see if they show on the final printing or not, don't you? Also try printing as raster if it is set to vector under printing setup.

Andre Carvalho

clog boy
2009-02-27, 02:07 PM
Also try printing as raster if it is set to vector under printing setup.

Andre Carvalho

There's a thought, it could actually work.
As a workaround if it doesn't, try print to PDF and then print from there. If you want to troubleshoot then try loading the AWAL items in another project and check from there, or load components from other projects in this one, and see if you can get a result. Unfortunately this is an 'undocumented feature' (bug) which I for one don't know how to invoke or undo.

Or you could try if changing the cut plane height works. I understand that this issue is a big pain and feel your pain as printing itself is a hog on time and resources, let alone these kinds of last minute bugs.

mmates
2009-02-27, 02:52 PM
I resolved two Revit MEP issues yesterday where some electrical items were not showing when they should have been. Creating a completely new view (not duplicate) and then applying a view template (of the offending view) resolved the issue. This had nothing to do with printing, but it's worth a shot.

By the way, I take Grant's previous response as to try printing the plan view and not the sheet to see the results.

still.james
2009-02-27, 09:30 PM
thanks for the ideas, im gonna give it ago on monday morning as i didnt get chance to get back in the office to mess about and print it.

failing that , i may try an export to DWG just so i can print it....thats if that works.