PDA

View Full Version : How do I change dimesion precision

vanderloo5
2009-02-27, 04:25 PM
Trying to round off dimensions to the inch on site plan. Right now it's rounding at /32". How do I change this?
Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-27, 04:32 PM
Either make a new dimension style, edit its type properties and change the units to not use Project settings, and to round to the inch... Or change the project settings, which i dont recommend.

If you set it to round, make sure you dont run concurrent dim strings anywhere, or check the math by hand. The way it rounds will bust the strings...

patricks
2009-02-27, 04:43 PM
I tend to use rounded dimensions only where needed, to make field layout easier. I lay out everything on site plans to exact inch dimensions wherever possible, and use regular dimensions with 1/32" accuracy for those, and then just switch to a rounded dimension if I get a particular place that throws up weird numbers - usually to dimension to things like arc center points, etc.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-27, 04:48 PM
I keep all of mine at 1/256" and just try not to draw things all a mess... :)

patricks
2009-02-27, 04:50 PM
I keep all of mine at 1/256" and just try not to draw things all a mess... :)

which seems to be a problem for n00bs (and even for some veterans) in my experience :roll: :p

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-27, 05:02 PM
LOL... I hear ya, LOUD and clear... Im playing sadist and switching all the dim styles back to 1/256 when no one is looking... Its pretty entertaining :)

vanderloo5
2009-02-27, 05:15 PM
The main problem I'm having is that the property lines on this new sub division have been revised so many times and no one seems to concurr on which ones are current. So,..... as far as the site plan goes, I'm winging it. Thanks for all the input.

patricks
2009-02-27, 06:02 PM
I see, but I would still use your normal dimension type for interior elements on a site or property, and then use the rounding dimension to go from the edge or corner of an element to the property line.