PDA

View Full Version : I Joists not showing up in section

vanderloo5
2009-02-27, 09:23 PM
I cut a section right through the middle of a run of I joist and they're not showing up in the section view. I checked view properties and everything pertinent is checked to show.
What am I missing?
ThankYou

scowsert
2009-02-27, 09:29 PM
Are you in a medium or fine view?

vanderloo5
2009-02-27, 09:34 PM
Doesn't show in either setting.

david.metcalf
2009-02-27, 10:32 PM
What about the depth of the view plane?

vanderloo5
2009-02-27, 10:50 PM
If you're referring to the section head depth setting, it goes way beyond the joists.

mlgatzke
2009-03-03, 03:45 PM
I don't mean for this to be taken wrong, but are your "I-joists" part of the floor system family or have you built stand-alone I-joists? The floor family will only show the space for I-joists as a slab. If you want your I-joists to show, in section or elevation, correctly, you will have to use the structural components within Revit or build your own family to give your model this capability. If you have already done this and they are still not showing up, I apologize, I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps check Visibility/Graphics (VV or VG) and make sure the the category of your I-joist component is set to be visible.

vanderloo5
2009-03-03, 04:27 PM
I inserted a floor family just for representation but I also drew in individual I Joists from the structural member family in plan view. In the section I turned of visibilty of the floor family thinking the
I- Joists would then show but they don't.