PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 Materials

Tabz
2009-03-02, 11:59 AM
I have just upgraded to revit 2009 and what i am having difficulty with is changing the colour of my render. For example the pre-loaded library contains a list of different brick colours as images(png). But what if i wanted to create a brick pattern of a different colour which isn't in the pre-loaded library. This is easy in Revit 2008 because you can just right click, then edit and then specify the RGB values and job done. Can anyone offer some advice as to how i can acheive this in Revit 2009.

tomnewsom
2009-03-02, 02:07 PM
I have just upgraded to revit 2009 and what i am having difficulty with is changing the colour of my render. For example the pre-loaded library contains a list of different brick colours as images(png). But what if i wanted to create a brick pattern of a different colour which isn't in the pre-loaded library. This is easy in Revit 2008 because you can just right click, then edit and then specify the RGB values and job done. Can anyone offer some advice as to how i can acheive this in Revit 2009.
You should copy and edit the image file for the brick pattern in an image editor. Photoshop is great of course, but for simple colour balancing, something like Paint.NET will do (it's free)

Tabz
2009-03-02, 02:11 PM
what about if i want to show cladding horizontal lines with a spacing of 500mm. At the moment there isn't a pattern pre-loaded in RAC09 which shows up as horizontal lines once rendered. Any ideas?

patricks
2009-03-02, 02:51 PM
I use Acme Brick's designer program to create images with different brick in different patterns. Works quite well.

sbrown
2009-03-02, 02:52 PM
you need to make an image file(.jpg, png etc) of the material you want. Then you can use that as a material by editing one of the stock materials and swapping your image with the one its using. You will want to create a greyscale or black and white image of the pattern to use as a "bump" map.

patricks
2009-03-02, 02:53 PM
you need to make an image file(.jpg, png etc) of the material you want. Then you can use that as a material by editing one of the stock materials and swapping your image with the one its using. You will want to create a greyscale or black and white image of the pattern to use as a "bump" map.

The great thing about Acme's program is that it automatically creates a bump map file (PNG) for you along with the rendered image file (JPG). :)

sbrown
2009-03-03, 02:01 PM
Yes I absolutely love the masonry designer tool. Its not only at acme brick, many masonry companies use it too.

douggodfrey
2009-03-03, 05:21 PM
To the question on horizontal siding, I've found that "steel-wave" as your image file seems to render similar to horizontal siding, not perfect, kind of like a dutch lap but gets the point across.

Tabz
2009-03-26, 03:50 PM
how do i set the scale for the bump image that i have created so that it renders at the correct scale.