PDA

View Full Version : Site Plan: 2D 3D Linework?

DO-PRE
2009-03-03, 03:34 PM
Hi All,

Just started a project...I laid out the building and have started the creating the 3D site. I realized that I am unable to adjust any lineweights/graphics for the site plan drawing. Any suggestions? I recreated the site using a image underlay, No CAD file yet.

Thanks,

Dan

cporter.207875
2009-03-03, 04:03 PM
Are you using toposurface for site work? I typically use floors to create roads, drives, and parking lots, as this lends more flexibility to modeling those types of elements.

DO-PRE
2009-03-03, 04:11 PM
I used toposurface for roads and parking lots. Using floors would allow for more flexibilty. The only down side would be all the additonal work in trying to slope the floors with contours.

Thanks,

Dan

cporter.207875
2009-03-03, 04:23 PM
True, but I usually leave grading to the civil engineer, just as I leave ductwork to the mechanical engineer. Sometimes it is necessary to model site grading for coordination, but I try to do it only in the most important places, and leave the rest level.
In any case, if you want to control the graphic display of your toposite, I think your vg settings is the first place to look. There you can modify lineweights, colors, visibility, etc. uniformly in the view. You may need to overlay some detail lines for more refined graphics, but this can be quite a hassle to maintain as the site develops. I would wait until much later in the project (once the site work is "set in stone") before adding any 2D detail.

DO-PRE
2009-03-03, 04:31 PM
Thanks for tips, very helpful.