PDA

View Full Version : Decal on Brick wall

tomm
2009-03-03, 07:56 PM
I am trying to place a logo as a sign on the front of a building. I have created a decal, and can place it on any wall in the building execept for the brick wall. Is there a trick to placing a decal on a brick material?

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-03, 08:53 PM
No. It should work the same way as other walls with different materials. If it is not working, I don't think it will if you change the material (but you can try, just to see...). Can you post an image of the wall?

Andre Carvalho

tomm
2009-03-03, 08:59 PM
Attached is a capture of a rendering. The decal is in place in the largr area of brick. It shows as a box in shaded view and I have confirmed that it is placed on the surface of the wall, As I said I can place it on one of the metal cladding walls and it shows fine.

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-03, 09:34 PM
Ok, so if I got it right, you can place it, but can't see it when rendering, isn't it? If yes, does the same decal render if placed in other walls?

Andre Carvalho

tomm
2009-03-03, 09:45 PM
That is correct. The same decal will show when rendered on any of the metal clad walls
Thanks

cporter.207875
2009-03-03, 11:20 PM
I have experienced this problem before. The weirdest part was that I could start a new project, build the same wall type, place the same decal, and it would render in that project... just not in the one I needed.

In the end I modeled a mass and applied a material with the image file mapped to it. You could also just model a mass the same size as the "sign," and apply the decal to the face of the mass.