PDA

View Full Version : Plan view on sheet is always to big

crullier
2004-10-21, 01:54 AM
I am have not been able how to resize the "vews" when I import them into a sheet. Take for instance the plan viw in the attached JPG. I would like it to be no larger then the model. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you guys !

Nevine
2004-10-21, 02:07 AM
I am not sure if you want to adjust the view scale or the size of the sheet.
If you want to keep the same sheet size, then select the view, right click go to property and adjust the scale as you wish.
If you want to adjust the sheet, you would have to load other sheet sizes, or create your own sheets and load them in your drawing. Then select the sheet and from the property pull down select a different sheet size. Does that answer your question?

studio3p
2004-10-21, 02:20 AM
Not quite sure what you're after. If the problem you're describing is that the viewport is taking up a whole lot more space than the model you're trying to view, then you need to pull the elevation tags in closer to the model. The viewport will expand to show everything currently visible in the model view.

beegee
2004-10-21, 02:26 AM
Turn on the crop region under view properties and resize it, then uncheck "make crop region visible".

You will need to reposition the elevation tags within the crop region if you want to see them, as Joseph said.

crullier
2004-10-21, 04:09 AM
Thank you for you help. So I guess that by default Revit will generate a large plan view... and I need to manually either crop it and bring the evelation markers closer.

I have another question, is it possible to generate multiple views to place in a sheet from a single Detail view. I have several little drawings that I want to place in single detail view (because it will make it easier for me to work with and lable and dimension) but I want to plot different portions on different sheets. how can I accomplish this?

Thanks

beegee
2004-10-21, 06:30 AM
Detail views are really intended for one detail per view.

Detail views can be duplicated and placed on sheets, but in your case, there is no easy way to crop the detail view. You would need to use a "white filled donut" to do this.

Re the view size on the sheet, Revit produces a viewport to contain the visible elements - in your case, that extends to the elevation tags.

crullier
2004-10-21, 06:40 AM
"white filled donut"

what is that?

studio3p
2004-10-21, 06:46 AM
Create a Filled Region(Drafting tools) and make two closed loops, one fully contained within another. It doesn't matter what shape you make them as long as the outer loop fully contains, and does not cross the inner loop(s). Once you finish your sketch you will see the donut that Beegee referenced. I created a cross hatch filled donut in the attached file.

This technique is useful for creating a heavy outline around interior elevations as well.

crullier
2004-10-21, 06:52 AM
I get it, and I guess I would just make the hatch solid and used it to mask out when I dont want to see...?

Thanks I hope we are on the same page.

beegee
2004-10-21, 06:57 AM
Yes.

But you may want to review your original idea to have all those details in one view. It may be easier to have them separate. If not, then go the donut. 8-)